Budget: $20,000 to $100,000
Timeline: 1 week to 3 months
Space Increase: 100 sq ft or more
Renovation Options: Bedroom Dormer Addition, Closet Reno, Alcove or Nook Reno, Under the Stairs, Bedroom Study Space, Basement Office Remodel, Bourbon and Coffee Bar Areas, Sunroom Office Conversion
Areas: Mt. Lebanon, USC, South Hills, North Hills, Sewickley, Squirrel Hill, Mt. Washington
Small Space Design Challenges
When completing a large-scale home renovation, you may find yourself wondering where to incorporate some of those smaller yet needed home spaces. Maximize the space in your Cape Cod house to create a fully-functional home by transforming those sometimes-forgotten areas or creating small additions, which can add monetary and practical value to your home.
A small space renovation can solve some of your home’s functional issues if you desire a:
- Home office
- Study nook
- Coffee or bourbon bar
- Additional bedroom space
- More cooking area
As a design-build contractor, our Action Builders team excels at maximizing your square footage, making every inch a functioning part of your home. Those small, underutilized spaces can become some of the largest assets to your property.
Small Space Design Solutions
During your home renovation, we can transform your small spaces through:
- Closet Renovations— Remove bifold doors to add a home office, reading nook, or coffee or bourbon bar. Cosets are private and cozy and can help you or your kids focus on work.
- Dormers— The extra room is a perfect addition to a master suite or can be a study nook for a desk in the kids’ rooms. Add comfortable chairs and soft lighting to set off the space.
- Under the Stairs Nook— Transform the underutilized space into a study or reading nook, additional storage, or a coffee or bar area. Mount your computer and add electrical outlets and compact furniture for a roomier layout.
- Outdoor Entertainment Area— Give yourself more cooking, prepping, and entertainment space with an outdoor kitchen expansion.
- Basement Remodel— While completing your basement, incorporate a secluded office or add a bar area for entertaining.
- Sunroom Conversions— Utilize this insulated space year-round for a secluded and sun-filled office.
Gain the most value from your home by focusing on small-space solutions. Our dedicated team of architects and designers know how to gain the most beauty and purpose from your renovation. If you are looking to renovate your home while maximizing all the space it has to offer, schedule a consultation with our team.